Friday, February 17, 2012

More Chocolate Please...

                   Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate.
I am a fan of chocolate. Mostly dark. With espresso.
So recently my best friend and a few other close friends decided to adventure out in the drizzling rain for the 7th annual chocolate tour.. My best friend and I grew up there and the downtown has become a fun place to hangout. I had never had the honor of touring this event. This year something about it excited me. 15 businesses in the downtown were part of the tour. We paid $10 a piece for our tickets. With that each ticket we got a couple ounces of chocolate at each Shop and a chance to be entered into the grand prize drawing. Exciting!





After picking up our bag we headed to eat lunch at our favorite little "hole" in the wall that was also part of the tour. We ate homemade tomato basil soup.  Mercantile is known for its broad selection of Missouri wines, we come for the amazing homemade,ever changing menu.  I wish they were open later.  Brunch/lunch is their main focus. A light lunch was just what I needed before we headed out to eat chocolate, and more chocolate.

Did I mention that we were carrying two under two. Toting two strollers is always a joy. Especially in crowded narrow stores with expensive merchandise;) They were wonderful and we couldn't have asked for more well behaved friends.

The best part of the tour actually came after the tour was over.  On the way back to my car I heard a peep from the backseat.  My son was telling on his cousin.  She was attempting to eat a mini cupcake, paper and all.  By the time I realized what was happening it was too late.  The paper became fiber.  

Happy Chocolate Eating Everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment