Thursday, February 23, 2012

Remodeling The bathroom

Smiling.

Yes, I'm smiling. I'm smiling because soon I will no longer step on little rubber toys to take a shower. My master bath is completing it's remodeling. This fall we decided that our shower needed a make over. So, over winter break my husband tore out the plastic shower.  It was disguising.  It have this gross glass sliding doors and made the bathroom look like a mouse hole.
We have decided to tile it. Tile looks so much better than plastic, don't you think? Well we decided to take the cheap route this time and buy tile at Lowes. Not that all tile at Lowes is cheap, we just chose the cheap kind. So, far so good. We have had some experience in tile prior to this. In our house we have tiled, the entry way, kitchen floor, kitchen backsplash, the bathroom tub area, and the backsplash in the bathroom. All of those projects have been assisted by my brother, the wonder guy. He can remodel almost any thing. More about him later.

Back to the bathroom. I'm realizing now that I don't think I have any pictures our bathroom before. I know I didnt take any before photos. It's rare to take pictures in the bathroom. Unless it is of children in the tub and there isn't a tub hence, no bathroom pictures. So you will have to live with the now photos instead. The "afters"are coming soon!!!

Did I mention that this was a small bathroom/shower. I dont like calling this a master bath because there is nothing master about it. It's more of an after thought.  The bathroom is so small that it is difficult to get a good veiw of the shower.  We decided not to put up the glass doors after finishing the tile.  I feel like having a shower curtain will open up the little space the best. 
I'll leave you with that.

Move to come on the progress of this after thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment