Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pillow trapper

So for months now I have heard that we need a headboard on our bed.  We have a queen size bed and it didn't come with a headboard.  I have never had a head board so I don't miss one.  But our pillows defiantly go missing in the middle of the night.  And there is nothing worse than being stuck without a pillow in the middle of the night. Ahem.

So my best friend has had an old head board in her basement since she has moved into her house (3 years?).  I asked for it, she said yes and it has taken me years to get it from point A to point B.  The head board had potential. 

I decided painting it white would do alot for it.  I found some paint left over in the garage and took it to it.  The sides and edges were sanded to give it some depth and texture.

Here is our bed pre-head board.


Here is the after, notice how the pillows have no where to go now.  All that is needed now are bolts to fasten the headboard to the bed frame.

Cost of update (pillow cather) $0.  Now that is a number I can handle.

What crafty updates have you made lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment